Welcome

To say I am a Sports Fan would be an understatement. So this is my avenue to share with you my thoughts on what I like, what pisses me off and what I would do if someone would wise up and put me in charge of their franchise.

There is probably not a site out there about sports I don't regularly check out, but it has come to my attention that I like my opinions better and more often than not I have decided I am right. So read on and if you like it great, leave a comment, if you don't, even better leave one too (just so long as you accept the fact that you are wrong and by far less intelligent than me) Just kidding...but not really.

Happy Reading!

Friday, September 10, 2010

Farewell Mizzou…We’ll See You in Five Weeks

Does anyone else feel like this, is anyone else out there as tired of it as I am? Season after season, especially the last six we (I am going to use “we” as my designation for myself and all Tiger fans) get excited for the start of MU football; tailgating, a good match up, and watching it on TV, only to then suffer major let down for the next five weeks. Aside from the tailgating, that is what is about to happen to us all yet again.

Bring on the Murderers Row of McNeese St., San Diego St. , Miami(OH), and a bye week. Which I am sure MU will need after those punishing games. And yes I understand all teams get and need a bye week, it’s just frustrating because it adds another week to our desire to watch a quality MU game. For the sake of this “article” I am going to go ahead and assume that no network or channel is going to pick up any of these games. Unless of course the Big Ten Network decides….oh wait…That means we will have to shell out roughly $120 a person should we decide we want to watch these games. Seriously, $120 for that lineup of games, tickets to those games don’t even cost that much.

My point is this MU Athletic Dept…SCHEDULE BETTER games! And guess what will happen, you’ll get on TV more, which gets you more exposure and what it is really all about you’ll get more money! And another positive side effect is that it will actually make you a better football team and more prepared for the Big 12 conference schedule. Seriously it will. MU always seems to stumble in the first one or two conference games and it is my opinion that our weak pre-season is largely responsible for that. How does playing any of these teams prepare the Tigers for 10/23 when the Sooners come to town? It doesn’t it.

Understand I am not asking you to schedule Ohio St., Va Tech or Alabama (granted all three of those are playing non-conference games against Top 25 teams). But maybe some strong teams from the region or Top 50 teams from the country. Heck just keeping Illinois on the schedule would be a start. Play a team like Houston, Air Force, through your old O-Coordinator Wyoming a bone.

We will miss you these next five weeks so please try and beef it up a bit, for us and for you. It will work, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment