Welcome

To say I am a Sports Fan would be an understatement. So this is my avenue to share with you my thoughts on what I like, what pisses me off and what I would do if someone would wise up and put me in charge of their franchise.

There is probably not a site out there about sports I don't regularly check out, but it has come to my attention that I like my opinions better and more often than not I have decided I am right. So read on and if you like it great, leave a comment, if you don't, even better leave one too (just so long as you accept the fact that you are wrong and by far less intelligent than me) Just kidding...but not really.

Happy Reading!

Friday, September 17, 2010

October in St. Louis...

…Usually this means we are getting ready for Playoff Baseball and I, like many, all but bought my tickets back in April.  Well for the third time in four years that will not be the case here in St. Louis.  For the third time in four years the best player in baseball will be at home not on Fox, TBS or whoever is carrying the games this year.  And most notably, for the fourth year in a row a team with Chris Carpenter, Adam Wainwright, Albert Pujols and the 3rd winningest manager of all time, will fail to win a playoff game. Unacceptable, upsetting and….maybe a good thing.
                Now before anyone gets fired up, I want the Cardinals to make the playoffs, I love the Birds on a Bat and I would much rather have them in than out of the playoffs. My point is this is not necessarily a bad thing. St. Louis has two other major sports teams in the Rams & Blues with a major college football program, Mizzou, only 2 hours away. It’s time they got their share of our October support usually reserved for the Cardinals. Let’s get behind and get excited about Pro Football and Hockey again in this town. We have #1 pick lining up behind center, a strong and young Blues team that should fight for a playoff spot again and a Top 25 CFB team that should compete for the Big 12 North. I am tired of waiting for November for our town to get behind them.
 Fans here always boast about supporting three sports teams, well then do it. Stop supporting one all of the time and the others only when they are winning or it’s convenient. Our town, our little-big city is much more exciting when we are behind the Blue & Gold and the Black & Gold as much as we are behind the Red & White. Try it, it will make the winter a lot more bearable rather than sitting around waiting for baseball’s winter meetings to take place only to be disappointed in who the Cards didn’t sign or trade for.
St. Louis will always be a baseball town, I know this. But that doesn’t mean we can’t also be a Football and Hockey town. We were before…and it was great. Rams are playing now and the puck will soon drop and Scottrade, give ‘em chance people, they might surprise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment